Creamy and delicious comfort food !
Creamy Rice Pudding
1 and 1/4 cup rice, uncooked
3 cups water
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
3 and 1/2 cup milk
1 and 1/2 cup half and half cream
2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
- In a large pot, cook the rice and water on low medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix sugar, eggs and milk until well blended. Add to rice.
- Cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- Add half and half cream and a pinch of salt.
- Cook slowly for 5 additional minutes, bring just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add 2 tsp. vanilla.
- Pour into a large bowl and cool. Stir well before serving.
- Sprinkle servings with cinnamon.
(If you like raisins in your rice pudding, they can be added when the half and half is added.)