Stitched Sampler With Overdyed Floss...


" I'll Fly Away"
I love this sweet little design by Lori Markovic.
I changed up the design a bit, giving the alphabet more space 
and changed out a few of the colors.  

I used Simply Shaker Sampler Threads for this project.
They have gorgeous Overdyed Floss...
With names like...covered bridge, buckeye scarlet, highland heather, 
cornhusk, soot, willow - who can resist ?

Overdyed floss gives this piece an aged appearance.
(They also offer beautiful wool threads.)


This design measures about 8in. x 8in. (20.32cm x 20.32cm)
Framed in an old mustard yellow wood frame, 
that has been "rubbed down" with shoe polish 
to give it a soft aged appearance !




1 comment:

  1. Love it. I use Minwax dark paste wax but shoe polish may be better! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete