Sweet Honeycomb...

Sweet Honeycomb Punch Needle Design by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

Sweet Honeycomb !
I love honey.  (Unfiltered is best)
We use it on toast, English muffins,
in baked goods, (it keeps gingerbread cookies really
soft !), and in tea. I buy it in large containers at our local
farm stand.  Did you know, when honey crystallizes,
you can place the container in a bowl of hot water
and it will return to normal ??

~  ~  ~  ~

Sweet Honeycomb Punch Needle Design by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com
Valdani variegated Perle Cotton Thread

I love working with color, 
but sometimes a 'lack' of color is the best.
Soft colors, gentle, quiet and calming.

Sometimes I wonder how 'few a' colors
I can use and still make a design work...
we will see.



Sweet Honeycomb Punch Needle Design by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

We are into a deep freeze here in Pennsylvania,
 with snow everywhere !
But, I am dreaming of a Spring breeze 
with bees a buzzing...


Stay warm and creative...
Rose


5 comments:

  1. Your little bee is wonderful! I am a honey lover too. It's one of the things I buy on our travels...the local honey.
    Hope you will be seeing signs of Spring before long.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BEE'S. I collect BEE'S. I wish i could have BEE HIVE'S but I am allergic to BEE'S, but I would still have them if I had a place for them. I love your sweet honeycomb, so looking forward to see it done. Will you have a pattern for it when your done?
    artandsoul57@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bees too. I had a bee hive. I think about getting more someday. My Mom was a bee keeper so I grew up taking care of them. I do enjoy having them only skunks are as bad a bears on a hive.
    I love your new pattern I can't wait to see it and I love all of those warm colors. Have a lovely day Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have friends who raise bees - they give us a quart jar of fresh honey every year for Christmas - YUM! Such a cute new design you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dreaming of spring, too, because this weather is turning in to a real nightmare. Cold and getting colder.
    Love the mellow colors!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete