His eye is on the Sparrow...

Counted Cross Stitch by Rose at ThreeSheepStudio.com - Design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery
 His eye is on the Sparrow

After several "tear outs", 
I'm moving right along with this design
by Beth Twist from Heartstring Samplery.




Counted Cross Stitch by Rose at ThreeSheepStudio.com - Design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery

Roof lines to stitch...




Counted Cross Stitch by Rose at ThreeSheepStudio.com - Design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery




Counted Cross Stitch by Rose at ThreeSheepStudio.com - Design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery

Houses to build.




Counted Cross Stitch by Rose at ThreeSheepStudio.com - Design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery

While I am stitching on this very large project,
(31in. x 26in.), with a stitch count of 435 x 363,
 there is a lot of linen that over hangs my hoop.
(My linen is cut to 40in. x 34in.)




Bull Nose Clamp to hold excess fabric 'out of the way', while stitching.

I use large bull nose clamps to hold my fabric 
"out of the way", while I stitch.  
The inside of the clamp is smooth,
so it doesn't harm my linen or stitches.




Counted Cross Stitch by Rose at ThreeSheepStudio.com - Design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery

I roll my linen that hangs over the hoop
and then clamp it in place.

Somtimes, I roll the linen and then place the clamp
directly on the edge of my hoop,
while other times I just clamp the rolled linen.
Whichever works best at the moment.

~  ~  ~  ~
It does not matter how slowly you go
as long as you do not stop.
                           ~ Confucius
~  ~  ~  ~

Enjoy your end of the week...
Rose


6 comments:

  1. Oh Rose you made it to the letters!! It is just beautiful!! So amazing. The house looks wonderful too.
    That is a great idea, I will be trying that. I end up with such a pile of cloth in my lap.
    I love when you share your work. It keeps me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress. I have the pattern, linen and floss all ready to go. It's in my next pile, but other things keep getting put on top. The way you're tackling yours makes me think 'next' might really be 'next'.
    Years ago I took a glass from Barb and Alma. It was Alma who gave us 'permission' to not rip out if we were just off by a smidge and it didn't happen in a vital area like a border. Who knows, but you!! I've done it a couple of times and slept well that night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that seeing your work up close is soooo enjoyable. Yeah...the finished piece is epic, but I have a new appreciation of the piece seeing yours come to life as beautiful individual motifs. With that said......I'm preparing to start mine!!!!! Question about the clips. They won't leave permanent creases? Are you sure?? Lol. I usually stitch on scroll frames, but this would require massive & ridiculously long rods, so I'm thinking of trying the hoop. Congratulations on your progress & please keep sending the updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Not sure when you bought your chart, but a few corrections came out after the first printing. They are listed on the designer's blog & you can just google "corrections for his eye is on the sparrow" & it will take you to her blog. Just an FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/19/2017

    Beautiful! What fabric is this stitched on? I'm getting ready to finally start this, and yours is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete