Quaker Ball Designs And Fresh Corn Chowder...

Quaker Ball Cross Stitch Designs by Rose Clay at Three Sheep Studio

Simple, little cross stitch designs...
on hand dyed linen.




Quaker Ball Cross Stitch Designs by Rose Clay at Three Sheep Studio

A total of 26 designs...
on one cut of cloth.





Quaker Ball Cross Stitch Designs by Rose Clay at Three Sheep Studio

 I've completed 15 of them so far...
over halfway done.
I'm looking forward to learning how to piece 
all of these designs together to form a ball.





My #3 Daughter is a Wedding Florist...
we always have gorgeous flowers around us.
This shipment contained dozens 
of happy, smiling Sunflowers !
A few weeks ago, several hundred 
snow white Hydrangea filled our garage...
they were for a very large wedding.
(Sorry, no pic :/  But, I will say 
they were huge and beauteous !)




Fresh Corn Chowder - ThreeSheepStudio.com

This recipe has become a family favorite...

FRESH CORN CHOWDER
Ingredients:
6 ears corn, husked with silk removed
2 large potatoes, washed and chopped
2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 bell pepper, cored and chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced (or can use garlic powder)
1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2/3 cup milk
4 cups water, divided

  • Cook corn in a large pot of boiling water for 5-8 minutes.  Remove from water and allow to cool enough to handle.  With a knife, remove corn kernels from all ears of cooked corn.  Set aside.
  • Discard the water you used for boiling the corn - use this large pot to saute your vegetables in.  Add all vegetables, except corn and potatoes, in large pot and add seasonings. Saute, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
  • Add to pot - 3 cups water and potatoes.  Cook until potato has softened, about 10-20 minutes.
  • Add milk, remaining water (1 cup) and corn kernels.
Yield: 4-6 nice size bowls

Enjoy !




Have yourself a splendid, sunny day...
Rose



6 comments:

  1. wow, really interesting post! I love quaker balls, can't wait to see your finished work. this corn soup looks good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are such a busy woman, cant wait to see it finished.
    How wonderful. .a garage full of flowers. I live them dried in bouquets. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh rose this recipe looks really yummy--it is a perfect time of year for a good corn chowdah (as we northerners say hahah). I will be making my clam chowdah this weekend as a matter of fact...love soup for supper--cooked ahead and so no prep at 4 pm--my own personal tired time...thanks for sharing..hugs,
    Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh rose this recipe looks really yummy--it is a perfect time of year for a good corn chowdah (as we northerners say hahah). I will be making my clam chowdah this weekend as a matter of fact...love soup for supper--cooked ahead and so no prep at 4 pm--my own personal tired time...thanks for sharing..hugs,
    Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Quaker ball is going to be amazing.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely picture. Nothing I love better than sunflowers. My daughter is a florist too. Though, she has been making lots of flower crowns for the wedding party girls.
    She does weddings too. I love watching her make the arrangements. I love all of the tricks. I also love how she keeps my flower arrangements and wreaths looking nice too. How wonderful to know this too Rose. Your soup looks amazing. Still a bit hot for here, but I am so looking forward to cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete