Wednesday, November 30, 2016

French Country Hen Pillow...

French Country Hen Pillow by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

December is on our heels...
baking cookies,
family gatherings...
nestled in, with a cup of tea and
some wooly goodness...
stitching away the hours.





Before the rain arrived,
I found my Oakleaf Hydrangea had been 
changing her coat of green into
 rich, deep Burgundy
and cranberry shades...
I had been so busy inside,
that I almost missed it !

These rich shades have been the inspiration 
for my wool work...




French Country Hen Pillow by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

Valdani Perle Cotton in...
Aged Wine, Vibrant Red, Garnet
and others in 
Brick and Turkey Red.




French Country Hen Pillow by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

I hand dyed much of the wool used
in this design. 




French Country Hen Pillow by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

Gently trimming and coaxing 
each wool piece into place.




French Country Hen Pillow by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

Embellishing with Hand Embroidery 
and surrounded with wool pennies.




French Country Hen Pillow by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

The Pillow edge is trimmed in 
Czech glass beads in varying shades of ruby red.




French Country Hen Pillow by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

An assortment of hand embroidery stitches
has been used for embellishment.




French Country Hen Pillow by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

The French Country Hen pillow 
is 12 x 12 inches. The front and back are wool.
The Hen is appliqued with hand dyed wool and
 embellished with hand embroidery.
The pillow edge is trimmed in ruby red 
Czech glass beads to compliment the Hen.

~ French Country Hen ~

French Country Hen is sold - Thanks so much !

If interested in purchasing,
please contact me at


Wishing you a warm and cozy day...
Rose


9 comments:

  1. What a fun pillow.
    I've been wanting an oak leaf hydrangea and after seeing those gorgeous leaves, really must find a spot for one.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pattern, and your Hen pillow is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Hen Pillow. And want to tell you when I clicked on the 'might also like' of the paisley pillow giveaway it took me to an unrelated web page and didn't stay there long enough to remember what it was...maybe an investment or banking site? Click on it to see what you get, sure home my identity hasn't been hacked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a tutorial on your website for stitching wools together like you did on your Country French Hen? Thank you. pltasker@med.umich.edu

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is absolutely WONDERFUL. That Hydrangea Leaf is spectacular. They are my very favorite flower but am unable to grow them here in Apple Valley, CA...this is the high desert...gets too hot, I've tried many times and have just given up. Lucky You.
    Love visiting and as always 'Peace and Blessings for all'.Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is so amazing and your color choices are always interesting. I wish we lived closer as I'd love to have to color plan a rug for me. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and colorful piece! I love all of the embroidered details!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have you here visiting...
would love to hear your thoughts !
Rose