Punching And Embroidering...

Sweet Johnny Jump Ups

Good Friday Morning To You...
these sweet Johnny Jump Ups are 
making me smile today.




Woodpecker

This fine feathered friend has been
visiting our lawn each morning...
looking for grubs (which are plentiful
in our lawn).  A beautiful large woodpecker.




'Spring Lamb' punch needle and hand embroidery by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

I finished the hand embroidery on
a punch needle piece I have been working on.




'Spring Lamb' punch needle and hand embroidery by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

'Spring Lamb' uses Rustic Wool Moire thread,
and Valdani variegated perle cotton.
(Although, there is a DMC conversion 
for all threads used.)

This design uses a combination of 
punch needle and 
a few simple hand embroidery stitches.
A fun combo and the pattern will guide 
you in the easy steps to bring it all together !
Spring Lamb is available in the Studio.





Grape Hyacinth

Have a beautiful Friday, my friends !
Rose

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Rose. Our flickers have gone now. I guess it gets too hot for them. Your flowers are lovely.
    Your design turned out wonderful. Have a lovely day Rose and an even better weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring Lamb is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it.
    Johnny jumps ups remind me of my mom. She always loved them 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Johnny Jump Ups and if they grow where they shouldn't I dig them up with a generous clump of dirt and transplant them. Mine has more yellow than the ones you photographed. We have the same big bird, downy woodpeckers, the goldfinch males are back to being bright yellow, cardinals, nuthatches and so much more visiting. We have the migrating rose breasted grosbeaks visiting and 2 male/1 female Oriole visiting the hummingbird feeder that we leave the bee guard off. They usually move on but they seem content and are staying longer than usual. One year we had a small flock of cedar waxwings stop by and they were so lovely but it was the only time I seen them. Waiting on the hummingbirds to show up so I'll be putting out another feeder with bee guards for them.

    ReplyDelete