This Sugar Cookie Cake tastes just like
a chewy Sugar Cookie !
Anything that uses Sanding Sugar has to be good,
and this recipe uses a liberal amount sprinkled over the top.
Almond Sugar Cookie Cake
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- large handful of sliced almonds
- several Tbsp. of Sanding Sugar
1. By hand, blend together melted butter and granulated sugar.
2. Add eggs, extracts and salt. Whisk until smooth.
3. Add flour. Mix well.
4. Spread in a lightly greased cake pan. Top with sliced almonds. Sprinkle liberally with Sanding Sugar.
(Sanding Sugar is a coarser sugar that will not 'melt away' when baking.)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly golden. Serve with whipped cream or fruit.
I have had this recipe for many years.
Not sure where I found it or who to give credit to
for this delicious recipe.