Pear Journal / Sketchbook...


This Pear Journal was so easy to make.

I purchased a good quality Pro Art Book.
It has snow white sheets of medium weight, acid free, art quality paper.
It is spiral bound, so that it will lay flat.




I cut a piece of wool fabric to size and appliqued a pear onto the front.  I used a Beaded Blanket Stitch to attach the Pear to the green plaid wool fabric. 
The Pear seeds are brown glass seed beads.




I finished the wool fabric with a Pulled Thread edge.
The wool piece was then applied with a quality fabric adhesive
to the front of the Journal / Sketchbook.

This book could be used as a journal, photo album, scrapbook,
guest book or a sketching book.



4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! What a lovely gift this would make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Regan ;)
    I have a few, in a variety of animals, flowers, etc.
    that I have put aside for gifts. They work for all ages, too.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!
    Would be great for a photo album, too. Those are right my my alley.


    Stopping by from Sew Many Ways FAFF! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you over at Sew Many Ways. I love your journal. SO beautiful.
    Cathy C
    www.crosson5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete