Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Spring Garden Tour...

 Iris blooming in my gardens

The sun is shining and gentle breezes are blowing -
at finally the windows can be opened.
I love seeing window sheers billowing with the breezes.
It is one of those comforting feelings, 
like fresh laundry drying on the clothes line. ;)

I love this time of year...
the gardens are putting on a show...
Soon I will be on weed patrol, but for now it is just a "breath of fresh air".

Blue Forget Me Nots, Candy Corn Vine, Roses

While at the Landis Valley Herb Fair, I purchased a Candy Corn Vine.  How cute is that...doesn't it look just like candy corn ?  
I don't think it is a perennial, but I couldn't resist bringing it home.
I will collect seed to plant it again next year.


Chives, Bleeding Heart (also known as Dutchman's Britches), Primrose, Lilacs




This is Wild Ginger.
At first glance, it looks like a mound of heart shaped green leaves.  But if you part the leaves and look underneath, you will find beautiful flowers hidden away.
I have always wondered why this plant "hides" it's flowers !



My Golden Chain Tree is always blooming for Mother's Day.



This is one of my favorite trees...
a Weeping Purple Beech.
The leaves emerge coppery and turn a deep dark purple.

Enjoy your weekend...
Rose



3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful.
    I love that candy corn vine.
    I've never seen anything like it.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Woolie hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are just beautiful Rose. The Golden Chain sort of looks like purple wisteria. Thanks for sharing your pics.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have you here visiting...
would love to hear your thoughts !
Rose