'Summer House' Punch Needle

'Summer House' Punch Needle design by Rose Clay / ThreeSheepStudio.com
 Punch Needle Embroidery

'Summer House' was punched using Valdani Perle Cotton...
in shades of Olives, Turkey Red, Aged Wine, 
Old Brick and Tarnished Gold.



'Summer House' Punch Needle design by Rose Clay / ThreeSheepStudio.com

After punching this piece, I centered it on a piece
of 'Red Velvet' wool fabric from
( The Wool Studio has AMAZING wool 
to choose from and great customer service ! )



'Summer House' Punch Needle design by Rose Clay / ThreeSheepStudio.com

I attached the wool and design to a 9in. x 11in. book 
of blank sheets of paper.
Perfect for sketching out designs 
as they come to mind,
or keeping notes on my gardens.
Maybe even pressing a few flowers,
between the pages !
(I'm waiting patiently for Spring !!)



'Summer House' Punch Needle design by Rose Clay / ThreeSheepStudio.com

~  ~  ~  ~
"It's not the load that
breaks you down.
It's the way you carry it."
                         -C.S. Lewis
~  ~  ~  ~

Enjoy this day...
Rose


8 comments:

  1. Ooohhh I love this piece, Rose. And I love the way you've attached it to a book. This would make a great gift for someone who journals or keeps notes on their garden, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Summer House is terrific and looks like some place I'd like to visit. Yes, Rebecca does have some great wool and good service. She also sends out wool samples every three months so write her to inquire about getting on her list.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty. So springy I love that quote by C.S. Lewis. I think that is so true, it is how we carry it.
    I hope you have lots of spring days coming and lots of days for sitting in the sun, sketching.
    Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely new project Rose! I have a notebook that I use to keep my book list in. It's nearly full so I need to start thinking of a new one and this would be a great idea! Is it glued on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always Rose, beautiful pattern and a great idea. A leaf press would be a great idea. As well as a journal, or a sketchbook....all in all another hit. You are so talented and inspirational. Have a lovely early Spring week end, maybe you will be able to sketch in your garden! Wearing a coat of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful 'finish' Rose!
    Your color choices are perfect for the piece. And I love the idea for the use of the book....how special and personal.
    Blessings
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finish to a sweet piece.
    I LOVE Rebecca's wool!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh What a wonderful finish!! Love the idea of it becomming a cover for your sketch book!! Now you can enjoy it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete