Sweet Honeycomb...

Sweet Honeycomb Punch Needle Pattern by Rose Clay from ThreeSheepStudio.com
'Sweet Honeycomb' punch needle design

Sweet Honeycomb... 
brings memories of warm summer days 
with bees a 'buzzin.

This punch needle design uses beautiful 
Valdani variegated Perle Cotton Thread...
Dark Antique Golds
Backyard Honeycomb
Black Sea...



Sweet Honeycomb Punch Needle Pattern by Rose Clay from ThreeSheepStudio.com

The completed piece hangs from a 
black velvet ribbon, fit for a queen bee ;)
Finished project measures 8in. x 6.75 in.



Sweet Honeycomb Punch Needle Pattern by Rose Clay from ThreeSheepStudio.com

The edges are finished with a Beaded Blanket Stitch,
using golden shades of glass beads, size 6/0.

Sweet Honeycomb is available in my Studio,
for those dreaming of summer, now !
Even though, as I write this, we are expecting 
a snow storm to arrive tonight :( 




I have been watching the live webcam of the Bald Eagles,
hoping to catch them both in the nest.
You can watch these beautiful birds, 
'live', sitting on their eggs, here.
(give it a minute to load)



Bright Yellow Primrose

My #2 daughter and I, from time to time, 
enjoy stopping at a local greenhouse in the winter.
There is just something about the warm humid air
in a greenhouse and seeing and smelling 'green', 
with happy, vibrant colors lining the aisles. 
It's uplifting and helps to encourage us, as Spring
is absolutely nowhere to be found at the moment !

~  ~  ~  ~
Stay warm and safe, my friends...
Rose

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE your bee and honeycomb design!!! One year I became obsessed with the bald eagles nesting too and would stare at my monitor for what seemed hours. There was a lot of nest repair, cuddling the new eagle but also a lot of waiting. Then... sometimes, as happens in nature, things don't go as well as our hearts want. That is when I stopped my obsession with watching nature unfold in front of my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet finish!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rose - BEAUTIFUL design and finish!
    So fun and Springy...
    Last year we watched the LiveCam on some Eagles here in southeast Wisconsin...so fun and you become addicted.
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! So wish you had it in a kit. I find these days, with a job that eats my time and my mind, buying a kit so that I don't have the planning/shopping/thinking part is so much easier. And then I can use my time for the fun, stress-reducing part: the punching and sewing! I love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always such a delight to see your work. It makes me so happy spring is around the corner.
    So sorry you have a snow storm in the works.
    I do love stopping and looking at plants. As Anne of Green Gables would say, "there is so much scope for the imagination."
    Spring will come, Have a wonderful weekend, dear Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project Rose! Utah is the Beehive State so this especially appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watch the eagles with my class. (I think you and I talked about this last year?)

    ReplyDelete