Civilized Stitching...

'His eye is on the Sparrow' cross stitch - design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery, stitched by Rose Clay

from Beth Twist at Heartstring Samplery




'His eye is on the Sparrow' cross stitch - design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery, stitched by Rose Clay

Each November and December,
I find myself losing my footing...
with all the added festivities of the holidays,
the time gets away from me.

The decorating, cooking, baking,
shopping, wrapping...
with lots of drives for 'specialty, seasonal' 
coffees and teas,
(with enough caffeine to keep me going for days!)

I honestly can think of a dozen things that can
easily take up a full days worth of time.
My 'to do' list keeps growing
 and I keep moving it to the next day !




'His eye is on the Sparrow' cross stitch - design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery, stitched by Rose Clay

The one thing that remains a constant for me,
is my (ritual) of evening stitching.




'His eye is on the Sparrow' cross stitch - design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery, stitched by Rose Clay

I look forward to working on this piece daily.




'His eye is on the Sparrow' cross stitch - design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery, stitched by Rose Clay

A chance to ponder my day 
and give it closure, before going to bed.




'His eye is on the Sparrow' cross stitch - design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery, stitched by Rose Clay

(2 threads over 2)

I enjoy the quietness of pulling 
the thread through the linen.
There is just something 'civilized' about it.




'His eye is on the Sparrow' cross stitch - design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery, stitched by Rose Clay

(Stitch count:  435 x 363)

Every few weeks, I will lay the linen
open to see what I have accomplished
and to see how it is coming together.

((**The 'Stitchers Tray', on the arm of the chair,
is my constant companion.  Purchased from
Lori at Notforgotten Farm.  It makes my work
so much more pleasant...
keeps everything at my fingertips.
(psst - would make a wonderful and thoughtful
Christmas gift !**))




'His eye is on the Sparrow' cross stitch - design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery, stitched by Rose Clay

After a long day of Holiday busy-ness...
this calls my name and grounds me.

Take a deep breath, be still (if only for a moment)
and enjoy your day.
Rose

10 comments:

  1. So happy to see your blog today. I look forward to your designs, news, and progress on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really making progress. I need to find time to dedicate to this project...like 2018...the entire year!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose I love your stitching progress ~ slow but steadfast. I would love to tackle Beth's beautiful design, maybe one day! I wanted to thank you for the kind words you have written and shared about our Stitcher's Tray...Peter & I are thrilled that you are happy with yours, and we appreciated you mentioning it in your beautiful postings.
    Merry Christmas from our family to yours!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Gosh Rose, this is an amazing piece of art. Having a project such as this one sounds very comforting and relaxing. A great way to end the day.
    Have a pleasant rest of the week, with Peace and Blessings for all,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time you post progress on His Eye, it just takes my breath away. Absolutely gorgeous!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. His Eye is amazing!.....You've made great progress since The Porch Walk.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making such beautiful progress, I appreciate you sharing it with us, I have purchased that pattern and have been slowly accumulating the floss, love seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have felt the same thing as I have stitched on that. I am working on that apple basket, at least I think that is what it is. I feel like just a few minutes with it and I am all grounded.
    You have made so much progress Rose. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love to hear where everyone is at on this project!! I only have three motifs done so far. In the midst of several large work projects, I just haven't had time, but when I look/hear about all of your progress, it's encouraging. And it looks so beautiful, that it will spur me on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good progress on that wonderful project. I too stitch in the evenings (when I have a usable thumb).

    ReplyDelete