Local Needlework Shop...

Hand Dyed Threads

For many months now,
my evenings have been taken with
hand stitching...




Cross Stitch Design by Beth Twist from Heartstring Samplery

I'm continuing to work on
by Beth Twist from Heartstring Samplery.




Cross Stitch Design by Beth Twist from Heartstring Samplery - stitched by Rose Clay

I can at finally see an "end" to this very large project.
(I started it on February 8, 2016,
and have worked on it continually,
in my free time.)

~  ~  ~  ~
Stitch count:  435 x 363
2 threads over 2
worked on 28 ct. Cashel linen 
in 'Country Mocha' finish
~  ~  ~  ~

If you live local to Lancaster County, PA...
I purchased the linen and all of the 
hand dyed threads at 
(The staff are friendly and helpful
and the shop is well stocked.)




Cross Stitch Design by Beth Twist from Heartstring Samplery

Loving this Honeybee motif !

~  ~  ~  ~

"It's impossible",
said pride.
"It's risky", 
said experience.
"It's pointless", 
said reason.
"Give it a try",
whispered the heart.
                       ~ Unknown

~  ~  ~  ~

Have a wonderful day...
Rose

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I was wondering how you were progressing with this piece! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rose. You are a trooper, the work is beautiful. It is such an intricate piece, an heirloom in the making, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/14/2018

    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, I am in TOTAL AWE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a remarkable piece. And of course, your work is impeccable- beautifully done 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow..almost done..stunning heirloom.
    Amazing work.
    The quote us great and sounds like my head when picking a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ...this is just gorgeous .... a beautiful heirloom .

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a career to me, not a project. It is positively stunning and truly a family treasure. You must have the patience of Job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely not sure my eyes could do it anymore.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you can see the end. You are almost there!! It is just beautiful Rose. I started back at it today. I do love that little bee hive. I love your quote too. How nice to have a local shop to sell those threads. Not a single shop here in my town. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete