Vultures And Foxglove...

His eye is on the Sparrow cross stitch design by Beth Twist. Stitched by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

Now that the cold weather has moved in,
I'm returning to 'His eye is on the Sparrow'
by Beth Twist.




His eye is on the Sparrow cross stitch design by Beth Twist. Stitched by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

It is dark at 5 p.m.
The evenings are long and chilly
and this has become my 'go to' evening stitch,
with a cup of warm Spiced Chai tea.




His eye is on the Sparrow cross stitch design by Beth Twist. Stitched by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

I've been working on finishing out
the border, which I had put aside.
(It was more fun stitching all of the 
different small motifs.)




His eye is on the Sparrow cross stitch design by Beth Twist. Stitched by Rose Clay at ThreeSheepStudio.com

I have the tree of life, 
Adam and Eve and the serpent to complete
 and just a tad bit of border...
then it's time to go on an adventure 
and find a HUGE frame !
(My hoop is 12 inches to give you
a size comparison.)




Black Vulture

Today, in our neighborhood, 
I spotted something I have never seen...




Black Vulture

A Black Vulture.
They are smaller then a Turkey Vulture
and much more aggressive.
They attack newborn livestock.




Black Vulture

I know they are not a farmer's favorite,
but I have to say, they are quite handsome fellows.
(Very 'unlike' the Turkey Vulture.)




Mid November blooming Foxglove

It is mid November...
On Thursday -
they are calling for 3-5 inches of snow,
with ice, here in PA.
But for now, I am enjoying 
this unexpected gift - 
a late blooming Foxglove in my garden.

Enjoy your day, needlework friends...
Rose

6 comments:

  1. I think those are very interesting vultures. They have very interesting faces. You are almost finished! I need to get mine framed. My goodness, I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week.
    I love foxglove. How nice you have some blooming. How cozy it sounds with your Chai Tea. Have a nice rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen that type of vulture either. You piece is so amazing! and you had me at spiced chai yummmm
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting SO CLOSE!!! Just gorgeous. I knew it was big, but when you said that was a 12" hoop. WOWZA!
    The foxglove is beautiful. A real treat this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect time to sit and stitch, maybe with a cup of tea or the fireplace going. Today, I am lucky to spend time with my stitching friends at our Embroidery Guild, Dayton Ohio Chapter. Such wonderful ladies. LOVE LOVE your progress on this wonderful piece......do I add this one to my stack of stitching pieces.....I'm thinking YES. THANKS for all you do for we needlework people who love this amazing art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see your work in progress! I guess it's time to go back to my four-motif massive amount of cloth and start stitching some more motifs. Hey, aren't we told not to despise small beginnings?? You inspire me. My more realistic goal now is getting it done before I retire. I think what happens is that the only quiet time I have to count and stitch is at night when my husband and our little cairn terrier (think Toto, only elderly now) head to bed. By then, I'm often too tired to count or do anything. But when I see it in front of me again, it does make me yearn to do more. I have a little time between book projects now, so hopefully I'll at least get a few motifs done. Thanks for sharing the pictures of the vultures. They are very handsome indeed! And the foxglove are stunning. My perennial poppy bloomed for the third time (!) a few days ago, but now it's foggy, frosty, and crisp. Perfect stitching weather.

    ReplyDelete