Hornbooks And Spiced Pumpkin...

Hornbooks for finishing hand work projects.

Hornbooks are perfect for "finishing"
your hand work.
Counted Cross Stitch, Hand Embroidery,
Wool Applique and Punch Needle...
these lovelies arrived in the mail.
(From Tara at Perfect Prim Punch)
They are getting a fresh coat of paint,
followed by hand rubbed wax.




Spiced Pumpkin Loaves

It is a cold and dreary day 
here in Pennsylvania...
I'm enjoying the comforting
sweet and spicey smell of 
Spiced Pumpkin Loaf.




Spiced Pumpkin Loaves

Spiced Pumpkin Loaves
Yield: 2 loaves

3 C sugar
1/4 C vegetable oil 
4 eggs
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 C apple juice
2 tsp. vanilla
2 C pumpkin (drain if fresh) OR 15 oz. can
4 C flour
Chopped walnuts or pecans, for top (optional)
**Can also add 1/2 C dried cranberries**
  • Mix well.  Sprinkle nuts on top.  
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes, until knife inserted into center comes out clean.  Enjoy !
This recipe makes two large loaves...
keep one for yourself and gift the second one !
(Of course, if you must keep them both,
they freeze well.)




Wool Charm Bundles at ThreeSheepStudio.com  (Studio/Shop)

are being assembled...




Wool Charm Bundles at ThreeSheepStudio.com  (Studio/Shop)

Little bites of color and texture 
for wool applique and small sewing projects.
It's a great way to get an assortment of 
wool, in lots of colors and textures.



Parsley / Caterpillars

It seems I'm not the only one 
enjoying the fresh parsley.




'Pumpkin Love' !

I had to share my ONE AND ONLY pumpkin !
The wild animals have been eating them 
when they are just tiny...
somehow, this one was missed...
'Pumpkin Love'  ;)

Enjoy your day...
Rose

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I love love love wool and just hoard it. No stitching, no crafting, just hoarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind is whirling as to what to put on those hornbooks.
    I am sorry about your pumpkins, I will be harvesting mine soon, all 5 of them, lol., I would surely share with you. In her blog today, Lori called them pompions today, French for pumpkins..I like that word.
    Still working up apples, I would share those also.
    Been a exceptional year for growing things, we can't even
    believe this spring and summer, glad we are still around to see it.
    Off to make some Pumpkin bread before I go mow.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! You have a pumpkin!! Oh I am so glad you have a swallowtail in your parsley. I hoped for some in my dill but as of yet I haven't seen any. I love your horn books and your charm packs.
    Such wonderful colors. Have a wonderful cool day. That pumpkin bread looks so yummy and so great for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wool candy looks delish. So does the pumpkin bread. I made a copy as I do not remember using apple juice in mine. Sounds delish too, but a different kind.
    Thanks for sharing and Peace for all especially those in Irma's path, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! As soon as it cools down.....I'm in the kitchen baking! :-) Last night I made an apple cake (with extra cinnamon)...oh YUM! This weekend looks like some cookies will be happening... and then maybe next weekend a pumpkin pie! The aromas really cozy up a home!
    Great horn books! Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete