Wool Rug Hooking...Chair Pad

Hand Hooked Wool Chair Pad


I hooked this rug in a design to resemble a Penny Rug.  While I love to hand dye wool, this rug uses very little hand dyed wool.  It achieves it's depth from beautiful textured wool, straight from the bolt.

This Rug Hooking has been hooked with a #8 cut wool on Scottish Burlap.  The edge of the rug has been finished with a whipped edge, using wool yarn over a cotton cording to provide an attractive and durable edge.

Hooked Chair Pad In A Penny Rug Design



Wool Rug Hooking, with proper care, can provide a lifetime of beauty... and beyond.  It truly is hand work that can be passed through the generations !

When I complete a Rug Hooking, I embroider a tag to be placed on the back.  The tag gives details about the rug - the name of the rug, my name, date and town with state.

There are many other ways to tag a rug...would love to hear your methods and ideas. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment