Sunday, December 22, 2013

Carrot Salad...


~ Carrot Salad ~ 

Spending lots of time in the kitchen,
feeding a large amount of people...
This recipe is delicious -
 a crowd pleaser. ;)



Slice 2 pounds of carrots into 1/4 in. discs.
Cook in boiling water, just until tender. Drain.



Chop 1 large green pepper and 1/2 onion.
Add to green pepper and onion...
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 (10 and 3/4 oz.) can Tomato Soup

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Mix well.
Store in refrigerator.
Yield:  2 quarts



This carrot salad is sweet, tangy and colorful !

Enjoying a quiet Sunday evening...
Rose



8 comments:

  1. Mmmm... that sounds delicious! I'm going to be needing some healthy recipes after all the butter cookies I've eaten this Christmas... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I'm salivating like Pavlov's dog. I'll definitely give that a try since I love all the ingredients.

    Merry Christmas

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm that does sound good. Not a big fan of carrots but this is just interesting enough for me to try. Thanks for sharing Rose.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe sounds wonderful, Rose! Thanks!

    Hoping you have a very Merry Christmas! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rose! I signed up for your newsletter and also wanted ya to know how much I enjoy your blogrolll...I often get lost in it for over an hour as I enjoy the primitvie readings! I live in a 1950's coloniel home and now after 5 years of living here, I fin myself wandering around thinking how I could be a little bit more primitive in decoration. The new year will find me exploring wool...will keep following for inspiration. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, that looks so good, Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this salad recipe - although we usually serve it hot - and call it Copper Pennies! Mmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this recipe before but it sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have you here visiting...
would love to hear your thoughts !
Rose