Hen Punch Needle And Wool...

French Country Hen Punch Needle by Rose Clay - ThreeSheepStudio.com
 French Country Hen Punch Needle Design

Pulling wool and choosing colors...



French Country Hen Punch Needle by Rose Clay - ThreeSheepStudio.com

I'm loving the variety of Valdani Red shades
in this French Country Hen...



French Country Hen Punch Needle by Rose Clay - ThreeSheepStudio.com

Golden Autumn ~ Proud Turkey
Aged Wine ~ Cherry Basket
Burnt Chocolate ~ Raspberry Fizz



French Country Hen Punch Needle by Rose Clay - ThreeSheepStudio.com

I found just enough of this Red, Caramel and 
Green plaid wool for the front and back
of this cushion.
I placed a box border of hand dyed wool
around the edge of the Maple Cream Weavers Cloth.
Blanket stitched the border in place,
 to frame the Punch Needle design.
Perfect color combo for the upcoming holidays.

~  ~  ~  ~
The Velveteen Rabbit
He said, "You become.  It takes a long time.  
That's why it doesn't happen often to people who 
break easily, or have sharp edges, or who
have to be carefully kept.  
Generally, by the time you are Real,
most of your hair has been loved off,
and your eyes drop out and you get loose in
the joints and very shabby.  But these
things don't matter at all,
because once you are Real you can't be ugly,
except to people who don't understand."
~  ~  ~  ~
Have yourself a lovely day !
Rose


4 comments:

  1. HAR HAR.... First I guess I can claim to be a Velveteen Rabbit as I'm shabby, joints which squeek and ache, eyes not working like they used to and have to be carefully kept. So guess I've been well loved ~ if not by others for sure I love myself.

    I'm always envious of your perfect blanket stitches. They are equally spaced and no line seems to be any longer than the other. Yup, green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Taught preschool for several years and loved it. I had puppets or little stuffed animals etc. for the stories I would read. Over the years, I have always looked for a little red hen (or a big one for that matter) and could never find one & now you have made one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved this pattern. .on a to do list maybe I'll live to 150... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another perfect finish. You always choose the best colors.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete